Post-injury rehabilitation is a slow and steady procedure of recovery. Rehabilitation helps patients to regain strength, move again, relearn skills, and learn new ways. There are two types of rehabilitation - inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation. This procedure aims to support the patient in leading a good life. A life where one doesn’t have to rely on anybody and can take charge by themselves.Principles of Post-injury Rehabilitation
There are generally seven stages of post-injury rehabilitation. Remembered through mnemonic, these principles stand by ATC IS IT. Below is a brief description of the individual tenets:
- A- Avoid Aggravation: It is crucial not to annoy the injury while undergoing the rehabilitation procedure. Therapeutic exercises done by professionals and administered correctly can exacerbate the damage.
- T- Timing: The therapeutic exercise session of the rehabilitation program must begin without any delay. The sooner one starts with their practices, the faster they can get back to their old lifestyle.
- C- Compliance: It is impossible to turn the program into a success if the patient is not compliant. The patient must be aware of the entire idea and goals of the program. It is the former idea and understanding that works as a motivating factor for the patients.
- I- Individualization: Each individual responds variedly to a particular rehabilitation schedule. The program must get planned as per the patient’s condition and their reaction to specific medications.
- S- Specific Sequencing: Every exercise must follow a particular sequence of events. The series must fulfill the requirements of the patient. And it must be determined by their physiological healing response.
- I- Intensity: The intensity range of the exercise must intend to challenge the patients and their injured area. But special care needs to be taken so that it doesn’t cause aggravation.
- T- Total Patient: It is crucial to keep the unaffected areas stay as it is. This defines that the cardiovascular system must remain at a pre-injury level. Keeping the uninvolved sections at their peak along with the injured area benefits the patient psychologically and physically.
How can 7DMC help?
We in 7DMC design customized solutions for different patients as per their injury. We understand how keen you are to get back to your everyday life. Thus, our experts work hard to come up with the proper rehabilitation schedule and framework.
Albeit the methods of treatment vary from case to case, the basic framework of recovery remains consistent. In accordance to achieve the best results, our professionals recommend the following steps:
- Rest and Project the Injury: This phase involves adequate rest. Stuff like cold or ice packs is used along with some tape or sling to protect the injury.
- Recover the Motion: It is a flexibility training designed to suit the injury. This revives the motion while avoiding the lasting effect, which decreases the range of motion.
- Retrieve the Strength: Practicing exercises that reduce aggravation and strengthen central, regional, and local muscles groups.
- Recuperate the Function: The final phase includes restoring balance, coordination, improve agility and speed.
Once you visit us for our sets of rehabilitation programs, like manual therapy, and others, we take charge of your complete recovery. We develop a careful treatment and diagnosis plan that suits your habits and lifestyle for better healing.