Wondering what you can do to help your child who doesn’t seem to engage in play in a social setting? The Department of Occupational Therapy at our medical centre in Dubai is dedicated to helping your children adapt to their environment successfully and manage their disability effectively.
Our occupational therapists are trained to conduct a variety of standardised and non-standardised assessments, create and provide applicable individualised intervention treatment plans that will improve your children’s overall development. Working in close conjunction with the Department of Speech and Language Therapy when needed, our team aims to promote optimal functioning by helping children integrate social, emotional, physical, cognitive and environmental aspects of life. With their support, your children will overcome barriers, be empowered to participate fully in their daily activities and regain their independence.
That is why we use evidence-based programmes such as Ayers Sensory Integration, Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy, Motor Learning Approach, and Neuro-Developmental Techniques, so that can you watch your children grow in confidence when relating to others and playing with them in a social setting. Some of the results you can expect from our occupational therapy programmes include an improvement in your child’s motor skills (standing, sitting, walking, and writing), and an increase in their attention span.
So far, we have helped cases where children had attention disorders, amputations, arthritis, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, spina bifida, traumatic brain injuries and burn wounds.
Our Service Offerings
Our Areas of Expertise Include:
- Developmental Stimulation and Early Intervention Programmes
- Sensory Integration
- Motor Development and Motor Planning
- Fine Motor and Handwriting Skills
- Independent Living Skills Training
- Post-injury Rehabilitation
- Upper Limb Splinting
- Environmental Accommodations and Adaptations
- Behavioral Modification
- Conducting Comprehensive and Holistic Occupational Therapy Assessments
- School Readiness Assessments
- Individualised Treatment Plans with Home Programmes
- Individual and/or Group Treatment Sessions
- Home Observations
- Parent Education and Training
- School Sessions
- Teacher/School Shadow Education and Training