High blood pressure is another synonym for hypertension. It is a condition where the long-term force of the blood is excessively high against the artery walls. This activity can lead to several health issues, including heart disease.
There are two ways to determine a person’s blood pressure. One is by the range of blood the heart pumps. Second is the amount of defiance to blood flow in the arteries. The narrower the arteries and the surplus blood the heart pumps, the higher the blood pressure.
Types of Hypertension
High blood pressure or hypertension is classified into two types: primary and secondary. Both differ in their characterization and occur in varied conditions.
- Primary hypertension: Also tagged as ‘essential,’ this is the most common form of high blood pressure. It’s found chiefly among senior citizens.
- • Secondary hypertension: This kind of hypertension does not develop spontaneously. It causes due to certain medical conditions or by the usage of particular medicines. It is easy to treat such conditions, or one can also stop the consumption of those medicines.
Hypertension also gets categorized as:
- Systolic Pressure:Reckoned as the top number, this upper, or first, number calculates the pressure in the arteries caused by the heartbeats.
- Diastolic Pressure:The lower, or second, number measures the pressure range in the arteries in between beats.
Cause of Hypertension
It is possible to prevent hypertension. The fundamental causes of the problem must be identified. There are few primary reasons stated below, which can be the reason for high blood pressure:
- Genetics or Family History:Sometimes, people get this gift of medical condition from their families. If someone from a family posses a history of hypertension, the next generation is likely to get affected by it.
- Underlying Health Troubles:Many times, other health conditions can give birth to hypertension. Problems like thyroid, related to kidney, or other physical changes can cause a rise in blood pressure.
- Lifestyle: Habit of smoking, unhealthy diet, alcohol consumption, erratic sleep pattern, or sedentary lifestyle can also lead to a spike in blood pressure.
Symptoms of Hypertension
Generally, there are no such compulsive symptoms that one can spot in hypertension. But there are certain symptoms visible in case of severe high blood pressure. They are:
- Severe headaches
- Vision troubles
- Breathing difficulty
- Confusion or fatigue
- Abnormal heartbeat
- Sample of blood in the urine
- Sleeping issue
- Blood spots in eyes
- Facial flushing
It is difficult to follow the symptoms of hypertension. This is why one must attend scheduled checkups to stay updated with their health condition.
How can 7DMC help?
It is easier to detect hypertension through tests. Our experts can suggest the following test to confirm the diagnosis and underline conditions that might cause hypertension.
- Ambulatory Monitoring :It measures blood pressure at regular intervals, providing an accurate image of changing blood pressure.
- Lab Tests:Tests like a cholesterol test, urine test, or blood test can get included.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG): It detects one’s heart’s electrical performance.
- Echocardiogram:This particular test uses sound waves for developing pictures of the heart.
Our specialists often prescribe medications to treat hypertension. But more than medications, they stipulate a better lifestyle. A disciplined schedule can help you get rid of the issue safely and naturally.