Heart attacks and strokes are mainly caused by blockage in the heart valves and vessels. The blockages prevent the blood from flowing to the heart and brain. The build-up of fatty deposits on the interior walls of the blood vessels is known to be the most common reason for the blockages.
Types of Cardiovascular diseases:
- Coronary heart disease: A disease of the blood vessel that supplies oxygen and blood to the heart. It is also known as Coronary Artery Disease (CAD). CAD is usually caused by a build-up of fatty deposits and plaque inside the coronary arteries.
- Cerebrovascular disease: It is caused by various conditions affecting the supply of blood to the brain.
- Peripheral arterial disease: It is also known as peripheral artery disease. It is a circulation disorder that affects your limbs. The blockages prevent the smooth blood flow to your limbs and cause symptoms like leg and arm pains.
- Rheumatic heart disease: This disease is caused when the heart valves are permanently damaged by rheumatic fever. The damage mainly occurs due to undertreated on the untreated streptococcal infection (strep throat or scarlet fever).
- Congenital Heart disease: It covers a range of birth defects that hinder the heart's normal development and functioning.
- Deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism: Blood clots caused by various health problems, which can travel to the heart or lungs, cause deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism.
How do Cardiovascular disease affect you?
Cardiovascular diseases are a leading cause of death globally. It is becoming more common among adolescent kids than ever before. Most cardiovascular diseases can be prevented and treated by mitigating behavioural risk factors such as unhealthy diet, obesity, smoking, and excessive intake of alcohol.
Cardiovascular problems are underlying diseases and show no or rare symptoms. Unfortunately, a heart attack or stroke may be the first sign of this disease.
- Symptoms of heart attack:
- o Arrhythmia (abnormal heart rhythm)
- Pain in chest and left shoulder
- Cold sweats
Some of the less common symptoms are nausea, difficulty in breathing, or turning pale. In some rare scenario bad dental health can be an underlying symptom for heart diseases.
- Symptoms of stroke:
- Sudden numbness on the face, arm, legs, mostly on one side of the body.
- Confusion and trouble in speaking.
- Difficulty in seeing from one eye or both eyes.
- Dizziness and loss of balance.
- Severe headache with no known cause.
- Fainting or unconsciousness
7DMC is continuously striving for excellence in health care and incorporating the latest medical facilities in our premium clinic in Dubai. We are committed to the highest standard of healthcare delivery to our patients at an affordable price. We offer the best technical facilities and the best team of cardiovascular doctors in Dubai to aid any heart ailments.
Our management fosters a culture where each one of our staff is committed to caring for our patients beyond our duty. We maintain the highest ethical standards by putting patients' interests first. Each of our departments is dedicated to specialization with dedicated staff and doctors. Patients are usually offered multiple treatment options decided by cross-functional and cross-specialization teams.