Skin tightening is the name of a set of non-surgical minimally invasive procedures to tighten lax skin on the body, especially the face and the neck. These are typically cosmetic treatments conducted by a qualified cosmetic surgeon.When is skin tightening treatment recommended? 1. Aging
Our skin is naturally rich in elastin and collagen, two types of proteins. These two proteins keep the skin structurally correct and elastic. The skin faces several blemishing conditions like the sun's ultraviolet rays, pollutants, chemicals, dust, and dirt daily. All these factors affect the production of collagen and elastin. Additionally, stress and other blemishing factors start to take a toll on the skin. Hence, facial skin especially starts to appear saggy and stretched.2. Sagging skin due to weight loss.
Gaining excess weight for an extended period might harm your skin's collagen and elastin fibres. This makes it more difficult for the skin to re-snap as you lose weight. Significant quantities of sagging skin may develop if you lose 40 Kgs or more of weight.3. Stretch marks cause after pregnancy.
Hormones can weaken the fibres of your skin during pregnancy, leaving it more prone to stretch marks. Stretch marks on your stomach may appear as your baby develops and your skin expands.Benefits of non-surgical skin tightening treatment
As a result, sagging or loose skin is tightened. There is no need for surgery. Consequently, there are no scars. To renew the skin, the surgeon might perform a lifting procedure. The risks are minor. The majority of treatments are done in the clinic. It takes approximately an hour. The effects continue for around a year. To sustain the benefits, several and repeated sessions are necessary.
How can 7DMC help?
At the Department of Aesthetics & Dermatology at 7DMC, our trained cosmetic surgeons and aesthetic dermatologists chalk out a comprehensive treatment plan for optimal results. Both surgical and non-surgical methods are considered to ensure the achievement of desired results. The treatment at 7DMC includes:1. Non-surgical minimally-invasive methods
- Ultrasound–focused – Ultrasound energy is targeted via a handheld device at specific areas to induce collagen production. The process works well till specific depths, about 5mm deep.
- Radiofrequency – The RF method is used for heating the epidermal layer of the skin. The process induces collagen production, helping tighten and smoothen the skin.
- Intense Pulsed Light and Radiofrequency – In this method, IPL and RF methods are combined for obtaining the best results. While RF heats the skin layer and stimulates collagen production, IPL helps treat a more significant area.
- Laser technology – Laser rays are targeted for deep healing of the skin. Our experts take care not to wound the top skin layer. The heat from the laser rays activates collagen production, helping tighten loose skin.
- Microneedling – this method involves the use of multiple tiny needles to traumatize the skin. The needles are sterilized before use and result in puncturing the skin layer. It prompts the rebuilding of the derma layer.
- Chemical Peel – a chemical solution is applied to the face and the neck to induce the formation of new skin. The method is excellent for the removal of wrinkles.
- Thread Lift – in this procedure, temporary sutures are used to lift the skin. It also provokes the natural healing process of the body to produce collagen in these areas.
2. Surgical invasive methods – our experts also consider ways like Face Lift & Tummy Tuck to achieve the desired results.