Same Day Dental Implants: Pros and Cons
Maintaining good dental health is crucial for overall health and well-being. Good oral hygiene involves brushing, flossing, and regular dental check-ups to help keep teeth and gums healthy. It’s also important to limit sugary foods and drinks and be aware of the kinds of snacks you are eating. Doing so helps to reduce the risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
Many people lose teeth despite advancements in dental care, most frequently as a result of tooth decay, periodontal disease, or trauma. For many years, the only options for people who had lost their teeth were dentures and bridges. But dental implants are now readily available.
Dental implants are an excellent method of replacing missing teeth. They are artificial replacements that look, feel and function just like natural teeth. Dental implants are made of titanium and are surgically implanted into your jawbone, where they act as an anchor for the replacement tooth or crown. They provide a strong, stable base for your replacement teeth, making them look and feel like natural teeth. They also support maintaining a healthy mouth by preserving the jawbone and the tissue around it.
Same-day dental implants are a revolutionary and highly convenient way to replace missing teeth in a single visit. This advanced procedure is minimally invasive and can be performed without the need for lengthy treatment or follow-up care. Patients who opt for this type of implant will have their new tooth inserted into place on the same day, allowing them to get back to their lives quickly without the long wait times normally associated with dental treatments.
Furthermore, same-day implants provide exceptional durability and strength, lasting quite long with proper care, so patients can enjoy natural-looking smiles for years to come.
Who is the right candidate?
Individuals who are the right candidates for same-day dental implants typically have healthy gums and enough existing teeth to anchor the implant. Good oral health is of utmost importance because it plays an essential role in whether a patient will be successful in the procedure.
Additionally, same-day employment may require additional bone grafting prior to the procedure, as well as X-rays and imaging tests, to ensure a successful outcome. Therefore, applicants must meet certain criteria prior to being considered for this type of dental restoration.
Pros of same-day implant
There are numerous advantages of same-day dental implants, including:
- The quick and convenient procedure that can be performed in one visit.
- Durable and reliable, that can last very long with proper care.
- Natural-looking teeth with a realistic color match.
- Improved overall oral health compared to other restorative options such as dentures or bridges.
- Minimal discomfort and short recovery period.
- Less risk of infection.
- Less physically disrupting to the bone and adjacent tissue.
- Less interruption of regular activities.
Cons of same-day implant
Even though same-day dental implants may be a popular alternative for many individuals, there are some potential drawbacks to take into account before choosing this course of action.
- Cost: Same-day dental implants typically cost more than conventional implants, as is the case with any novel medical procedure.
- Complexity: Performing the procedure requires advanced surgical techniques, which can increase the risk of complications.
- Time: Due to the complexity, same-day implant procedures may take longer than other restorative options.
- Limited applications: This procedure may not be suitable for those with certain health conditions or pre-existing oral health issues.
- Diet: The implants could move if a softer diet is not followed, which would harm integration and raise the possibility of treatment failure.
Some of the risks associated with same-day dental implants include the following:
- Infection – Implant placement requires surgery and increases the risk of infection.
- Damage to existing teeth and gums – If the implant is not placed properly, there is a risk of damage to adjacent teeth or gum tissue.
- Nerve damage – There is the possibility of nerve damage due to the complexity of the procedure.
- Loose implant – If proper technique is not followed, there is a chance that the implant may become loose after it has been placed.
How much time does a same-day dental implant procedure take?
Depending on the intricacy of the case and the specific preparation methods employed, the duration of a same-day dental implant treatment can change. Generally, the time it takes to complete a same-day implant procedure can range from several hours to an entire day.
Why choose 7DMC?
We are an established and highly regarded center for dental implant treatment. Our dentists are experienced and specialize in same-day implants, offering expertise in determining the best implant type and placement technique to suit each patient’s needs. Our comprehensive pre- and post-treatment plans ensure that each patient receives the highest standards of care during the entire procedure.
Same-day dental implants provide a fast, effective way to replace missing teeth in as little as one day. The advanced technology and expertise of dentists ensure that each patient receives the highest standards of care with minimal downtime. Depending on the complexity of the case, same-day implant procedures can take several hours or an entire day to complete. Get in touch with us to find out if this method is the right option for you.