Do you know that more than 10 percent of the people in this world are prone to voice disorders? The majority of people ignore their indications and symptoms, and as a result, their condition worsens.
What are voice disorders?
When you speak, you push out air from the lungs, and it reaches the vocal cords. These cords have two folds of tissues inside your voice box. The voice is created when these cords vibrate, and you talk as a result.
Some of the voice disorders are mentioned below:
1) Laryngitis – In this disorder, your vocal cords swell and make it difficult for you to speak correctly.
2) Vocal cord paralysis – There can be several reasons for paralysis in the vocal cord. It can be due to a viral infection, injury to the nerve, etc.
3) Spasmodic dysphonia – Nerve issues can lead to a spasm in the vocal cord. This will make your voice hoarse and shaky. In severe conditions, the patient will not be able to speak at all.
The respiratory system plays a crucial role in voice production. This system’s airflow, the power of the laryngeal muscle, and coordination are all equally vital to voice production. The problem in any one of these factors can lead to voice disorders. The reasons for trouble can be organic, psychogenic, or functional.
1) Infertility – Because of infertility, individuals are very likely to get diagnosed with voice disorders.
2) Structural – If there are even the slightest differences in the vocal cord structure, it results in voice disorders. Abnormalities in your vocal fold, vocal granules, or glottal stenosis can also result in voice disorders.
3) Genetics – Various voice-related issues can be traced back to family background.
4) Psychogenic – This medical issue can occur if you have chronic stress disorders and are not taking the right medicines to address them.
The risk factors associated with voice disorders include:
Signs and Symptoms
Treatment Options at 7DMC
A team of medical experts is available at 7DMC that can guide you for the best treatment and help you get rid of such disorders. We provide you with the best of the services with complete guidance and support. The team of doctors is specialized in this field and can help you with their knowledge and experience. Before starting the treatment, the doctors recommend a complete diagnosis to reach the root cause of the issue and provide you with the best possible treatment.
So, if you are still confused about where to go, visit our website and feel free to reach our specialists for speech and language therapies.
Voice therapy is a behavioral therapy program that adjusts the biomechanical forces. Exercises include:
The main goal of voice therapy is to rehabilitate the patient’s voice to the level that enables them to communicate in a better way. Voice therapy programs are generally planned around 3 techniques:
Some common voice disorders are: