Infertility is the condition when a woman's body does not support the conception process and is unable to carry a child. The reason for infertility in roughly 80% of couples is either a blockage of the fallopian tubes, ovulation issues, or a sperm problem. Also, there can be no apparent reason for infertility in certain couples.
Reasons of infertility
- Ovulation disorders:The egg inside the female body needs to be fertilized by the male sperm. However, sometimes, the lack of quantity or size of the egg does not allow the sperm to follow the process, leading to infertility.
- PCOD:Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is a widespread problem in females nowadays. At least 40% of females between the age group of 12-45 years face this problem. This problem occurs due to hormonal imbalance.
- Issue with reproductive system:: The egg moves down the fallopian tube and into the uterus when the sperm unites with the egg. If this procedure is completed successfully, pregnancy will ensue. However, issues with the uterus and fallopian tubes make this difficult. Blocked tubes, Submucosal fibroids, Endometriosis, and other matters can obstruct fertilization and lead to infertility.
- Medication: Some medications or treatments like chemotherapy and radiation therapy make it harder to conceive. The drugs and medicines given to the patients during chemo and radiation therapy can lead to permanent damage to the ovaries.
- Abuse of drugs and alcohol:Excessive use of drugs like cocaine, marijuana, etc., can shatter a woman's dream to get pregnant. Smoking and boozing may also impact the quality of sperm in males.
- High level of cholesterol:Uncontrolled amounts of cholesterol can hamper the reproduction process and cause problems conceiving.
Early symptoms of infertility in females:
- Irregular Periods: A normal woman's menstrual cycle lasts for four weeks, or 28 days, with +/- 5 days. However, if someone does not have consistency and gets her period at any time, she exhibits hormonal problems, also known as PCOD. This is an early indicator of infertility.
- Extremely heavy and painful periods: Almost 80% of women feel pain during their periods. However, if it is too painful to get up from the bed, the condition should be taken as a red flag and see a doctor immediately.
- No periods: Every female is supposed to get down with periods once a month. But if it is not happening for a long duration, it can be a sign of infertility if she is not pregnant.
How can 7DMC help?
Our team of experts will inquire about your sexual habits and recommend the best possible solution to get pregnant. Based on the symptoms and conditions, the experts will ask you to undergo certain tests that can decide or rule out other ailments. Specific tests, such as the ones listed below, can also be recommended by our doctors:
- Ovulation test to check if you are ovulating
- Ovarian Reserve Testing to examine the quantity of eggs available for ovulation
- Hysterosalpingography to rule out any uterus or fallopian tubes related issues
- Imaging Tests to scrutinize the inside of the uterus when routine ultrasound proves ineffective
- Physical check-up for men and/or a sperm analysis to determine the health of the sperm.